Tuesday, September 16, 2008

say goodbye to sweet laura




it is with profound sadness and a broken heart that i am writing to tell you that my mom died yesterday afternoon. she went peacefully, without pain or discomfort. she ate some lunch, drank some tea, gave me a huge smile. i had arranged for a massage. when i went into my room for my massage and bill was in the office, she decided it was time to leave. she took a final breath and left her body.

even as i write this i am in shock and disbelief that my sweet mamma could actually have moved on.

we will be having a memorial service celebrating my mom's life on sunday, september 28. more details to follow.

i know that i will make it through and eventually be ok, but right now i feel as though i might break in two, or that my life chord is being torn out from inside of me.

i am so thankful her passing was so peaceful. she did it like she did everything else these past several months, with complete grace and ease.

bill, laurie, and i washed her and anointed each of her chakras with rose and frankincense. then we dressed her in a beautiful outfit. a few of us got together last night and said goodbye to her. we read some poems, sang some songs, and sat with her. this morning we lay pink rose petals on her sweet body and she was taken away.

here's one of the songs we sang last night that has such beautiful words that mean so much right now:


I'll catch your smile on someone's face
Your whisper in the wind's embrace
Through diamond stars and songs and dreams
I find your love in everything

The sun, the sky, the rolling sea
All conspire to comfort me
From sorrow's edge life's beauty seems
To find your love in everything

I've come to trust the hope it brings
To find your love in everything
Even as I fall apart,
Even through my shattered heart

I'll catch your smile on someone's face
.....amazing grace


you know so much more than we do now, mom, and you are free....

may your journey to a better place be easy
may your sweet spirit find joy and peace
may you continue to know how much you are loved and cherished here
may you always feel our love all around you just as we will always feel your love around us
may you rest now in a beautiful place
and may you know that we will never ever forget your beautiful soul

i love you forever


12 comments:

Unknown said...

Sarah,

My heart is with you. I hope you feel my loving arms embracing you, supporting you, my spirit present along side yours during this time. You are a radiant star that shone so bright for your Mom's journey to her resting place, I am so thankful that she had you by her side. We all miss her dearly. I love you and will see you soon.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear of your loss, but want you to know that your tireless efforts and amazing words reveal her last days as so loving, celebrated, and special. I feel as if I knew her. I wish you and your family peace and strength during this time of healing.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Sarah. You have been an amazing daughter and friend to your mother. You have shown incredible strength in supporting her and helping her pass peacefully. Our thoughts are with you during this very difficult time.

Kathryn Ellman

Anonymous said...

We are so sorry for your loss. What a blessing for your mother to have such incredible love and support around her - allowing her passing to be so beautiful and peaceful. We will see you soon.

Julie

Anonymous said...

Sarah,
Your mother was an amazing person, living her life with love and compassion, i knew her briefly but loved her as if i've known her thanks to you. she will live on in you.

i love you and Peace be with your family.
-fv

Anonymous said...

My sincere condolences Sarah. Thank you for sharing and celebrating Laura's life with us.

Davey Lynch

Anonymous said...

I am thinking of you, Sarah. And I wish you continued strength and peace during this time.

Susane Pata

Anonymous said...

Sar,
You and your mother had such a beautiful connection, one most people do not get to experience. I know those dear memories and her amazing spirit will always be with you. I feel blessed to have known her.
With heartfelt condolences,
Cori & Michael

chaatie said...

Sarah, you have shown inspiring strength and resilience throughout this journey. We are so sorry for your loss. May you cherish her spirit and her life in this time of healing and always.

Unknown said...

I am very sorry to hear of your loss. Your unwavering love and support of your mother - how wonderful she must have felt knowing you were there - always. Your connection to eachother represents something so beautiful. To have such an amazing relationship is such a priceless gift, one I know is very hard for you to let go. My thoughts are with you.

Nicole Tatrow

Anonymous said...

Sarah
Sincere condelences and thoughts for you and your family.
All the Best, Melody Mason

by gregoryp(tm) aka Gregory Pleshaw said...

You expressed your mother's passing with such deep grace. I am only reaching a place of contemplation on my parent's eventual deaths and I take comfort in knowing you were able to see it through and move on. (I found you through the oddest google search...)

gregory